Business Quick Deposit
What is Business Quick Deposit?
Business Quick Deposit (BQD) is a quick, easy and secure way for non-personal customers to pay in cash and cheques via the branch network without having to wait whilst the deposit is checked.
Notes, coins, and cheques are sealed in a uniquely barcoded tamper-proof wallet. This wallet can then be paid in at either our branch counter or at an Automated Deposit Machine (also known as a BQD machine) available in over 280 branches across the UK. With either option, an acknowledgement slip is provided which will enable you to verify that the wallet has been received safely.
You will receive same day credit for the stated cash value, and we will endeavour to count and notify you of any differences within five working days.
What are the benefits of Business Quick Deposit?
- Secure - Wallet fitted with a tamper-proof seal meaning that it cannot be opened once it has left your premises
- Quick - Staff no longer have to wait while cash is counted. Using a BQD machine (Automated Deposit Machine) takes less than 1 minute on average
- Traceable - Wallet contains a unique barcode ID that appears on the slip generated by the BQD machine (Automated Deposit Machine) or on the slip stamped at the counter. This enables you to confirm that the sealed tamper-proof wallet has been deposited
How does it work?
- Prepare Cash & Cheques - Count notes & coin then place in cash compartment and cheques in the voucher compartment
- Prepare Wallet - Fill in cash and cheque value on wallet. Complete pay-in slip and place in voucher compartment then seal wallet
- Deposit at the Bank - Deposit wallet at the counter or at a BQD machine (Automated Deposit Machine) for acknowledgement slip value received same day
- Post Bank Visit - Notification of any differences within 5 working days. Differences traceable with slip