Contact your Business Manager for more details of all our services and charges.
Business Quick Deposit
Pay cash into your business account at one of our branches using our Business Quick Deposit service. Using our specially designed wallets, you don’t need to wait to have your cash counted.
Funds deposited before 3.30pm will be processed the same day.
Small cash deposits
Consolidated Cash is suitable for deposits of less than £1,500 in notes and/or more than £150 in coin. Funds are collected from your premises and taken directly to a cash centre for processing.
• Cost benefits – you can benefit from potentially lower charges when you combine small deposits into bulk volumes.
• Convenience – you arrange a suitable time for the security carrier to collect from your premises.
• Increased staff security – as cash is collected from your premises, your staff don’t need to carry large amounts of cash to your local branch.
Large cash deposits
Direct Cash is suitable for businesses that regularly deposit at least £1,500 in notes or £150 in coin. It could benefit your business in the following ways:
• Cost efficient – bulk processing could help to reduce your banking charges.
• Increased security – cash will be collected from you and delivered to us by a recognised security carrier.
• Convenience – you can be confident of secure uplift from your premises, and the benefits of speedier processing.
• Staff security – your staff don’t need to carry large amounts of cash to pay in at your local branch.
• Inclusive service – because we take lower denominations than many of our competitors, more businesses can use our service.
You can withdraw notes and coins from any NatWest branch. You can withdraw large volumes regularly, or small amounts on an ad hoc basis. You can save time by ordering amounts, and specific denominations, in advance.
If you need substantial volumes of cash, we can deliver this direct to your premises using a secure carrier company.
Bulk cash gives you:
• Flexible service – your individual needs will be matched precisely.
• Cost and efficiency savings – you will gain price advantages by bypassing our branch network.
• Improved staff security – your staff will not be required to carry sizeable amounts of cash in public places.
We can provide you with contact details of accredited printers who can supply special cheque books personalised with your company logo and corporate design.
Cheque Guarantee Scheme
The Payments Council closed the Cheque Guarantee Scheme on 30 June 2011. Whilst your business will still be able to accept and issue cheques, it will no longer be possible to guarantee cheques under the scheme.
Rather than continuing to accept cheques that are no longer guaranteed, you can ask your customers to make payments by debit or credit card or you can ask to be paid electronically, receiving payments directly into your account.
If you still accept cheques without a guarantee, there is a risk of the cheques being returned unpaid. Normally a cheque cannot be returned unpaid by someone any later than 6 working days after the day it was paid in.
Payments Council to keep cheques
The Payments Council has announced that the 2018 target date for closure of cheque clearing has been withdrawn, meaning that cheques will continue for as long as customers need them.
For larger value payments where cash is not appropriate, you can order a banker's draft from our branches.
0800 073 2256
0800 404 6161
Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm
(excl. public holidays)
Calls may be recorded.
Talk to your Business Manager