Preparing for importing
What to think about before importingContact us
Do your market research
You should carry out exhaustive research on the best suppliers to provide what you need. You’ll need to think about:
- Products – who can supply the products best suited to your needs?
- Legality – do they comply with domestic regulations and those of the destination country?
- Reliability – can they supply the goods consistently?
- Working practices – are they operating ethically? Their reputation will be linked to you own.
- Price – taking all of this into account are you getting the best deal?
You’ll also need a good grasp of the supplier’s country. Understanding the politics, economy, culture and business environment can help you prepare for all eventualities and avoid expensive mistakes.
Understand your costs
You need to have complete clarity of all of your costs when importing. The goods may be cheaper, but make sure you factor in all costs before you go ahead, so you’re getting the full picture. Think about:
- Import duties.
- Inspection charges.
- Agent fees.
Get in touch
To discuss your unique banking needs, please call SolutionsLine on:
0345 303 0077
Text Relay 18001 0800 210 0235
Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm (excl. public holidays)
Calls may be recorded.
Please contact your relationship manager.