If you’re worried about your credit rating being a barrier when it comes to asking for money, there are some very simple ways to improve it.
- Consistently pay all bills on time
- Close accounts associated with unused credit cards, direct debits and mobile phone contracts
- Get yourself registered on the electoral roll
- If you don't have a credit card, get one. Make a couple of small purchases with it each month, and repay the balance on time
- Pay off more debts and, if possible, pay more than just the minimum amount allowed
- Don't fudge the numbers. Refrain from taking liberties with the truth, as this could damage your reputation in the long term